Monday, February 6, 2012

More Projects

Here are just a couple of the projects we've done around the house lately:


I have seen this picture frame on Pinterest a lot.  You print the words "I {heart} you because:", then you use a dry erase marker to fill in the blanks.  In case you are wondering, right now it says, "I love you because you finish mowing the lawn when I'm too tired to."  (I mowed half the lawn on Saturday (Which is infuriating in the first place because we pay someone else to do this.  That's another story.) and when I hinted to Jeremy I was tired he put his shoes on and came out and finished.

These mailboxes are another thing I have seen on Pinterest a lot lately.  Super cute, easy, and cheap craft for the girls for Valentine's Day.


We have been searching for different entertainment center options for a while now.  I knew wanted something larger and longer to take up more of the bare wall space.  I wasn't loving any of the tv stands I was coming across, and then I had the thought to just start searching for dressers.  I had made up my mind to buy the exact same dresser we have in our bedroom, but in white, and had even gone to the store to order it, but ended up changing my mind at the last minute and walked out.  That's what I do when I am about to spend a lot of money.  I change my mind.  So I searched and searched some more, but anything that was cheaper than the dresser I was going to order was very cheaply made, not solid wood, etc.  Then I looked on Craigslist and found this gem.  Already painted a shade of gray that works well with the colors I have in the living room, and it weighs about 400 pounds.  We had to get my ginormous police officer/body builder neighbor to help unload it.  The best part is that it saved us about $500.  We took out the top middle drawer to put the cable box, dvd player, and Wii.  We will (eventually) make a real shelf to go in there and paint it to match the rest of the dresser, but for now we just inserted two spare shelves from an Ikea bookcase (and they fit like a glove!).
And finally, Shelby's Valentines for her class party.  A friend of mine made these a while back and as soon as I saw them I knew I would be making them as soon as Shelby was in school.  (And of course now they are all over Pinterest.)  These are ridiculously easy and I love them. 

1 comment:

Frenchfam said...

love the Valentine card! that's such a cute idea. And great steal on the dresser. Ava made a ladybug mailbox for Valentine's Day for her craft. I've seen that I love you because... I should do that!