So the sleepless nights have continued over the past 3 days. Last night Joey was in so much pain that the only way we could get her to calm down and sleep was to have her in between us in bed and each massage a leg/foot. So I called the doctor first thing this morning and made an appointment. As it turns out, Joey is double jointed like me. This means that the usual growing pains kids go through are more painful for her. (I asked my mom if she remembered me having problems like this. Nope. So maybe not all double jointed kids have horrible pains, maybe they are just more susceptible to them?) When the doctor examined Joey and started to move her legs around, Joey started squirming and fighting back. She could tell right away her knees were tender. We are to give her Advil every morning and night and hopefully that will help. I also read online that massages help, so we might make that part of the nightly routine before bed.
Also, on top of that, Joey has double ear infections. I was shocked and horrified. She had a fever and runny nose last Monday, but after that she was over it. She never once pulled at her ears or anything. I felt like such a bad mom, but how was I to know?! I am sure this probably caused a little of the discomfort at night as well, but I don't think it had that much to do with it since she sleeps fine during her naps. At least now she is on antibiotics so that will hopefully go away soon.
Here's hoping for a healthier and more rested week ahead!
4 comments:
That's crazy! I hope the advil works for her and you guys!
I was going to email you and ask was it benign hypermobility syndrome (aka double jointedness). Glad you found an answer!
I miss ear infections all the time. Several stories like that - going in for something else "oh, they have an ear infection, too." huh.
Oh poor Joey :( I've totally not known one of my kids are sick. I hate that. Lucky girl to get a massage nightly! Ha ha
Post a Comment