Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

What a long weekend!  We spent Thursday and Friday down in New Orleans.  Jeremy made his round of appointments, we ate good food (Joey K's, Superior, Caretta's, snoballs, beignets), took the girls to Audubon Park, I popped in to my office to say hi to everyone, and the girls had fun in the hotel (they are obsessed with hotels!). 

Friday afternoon we headed up to Hattiesburg.  Jeremy took Shelby and Joey for the night while I spent the evening with 28 of his female family members for the Gore Girls Night Out.  Lucy was oblivious to all the craziness going on.  As soon as I got back to the hotel (at 1:30 am), I told Jeremy his family was insane, but I meant it in the nicest way possible!  Haha!  Really, I had a great time and it was fun to catch up with everyone. 

 
 
Saturday we had the annual Gore Family Reunion.  It is pretty neat/great that they do this every year without question.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time eating, visiting, and the girls had fun on the egg hunt. 
 




 




 


 
While in Hattiesburg we stayed at a hotel because Jeremy's grandfather's house is still being fixed from the tornado that hit.  No worries though- the Easter Bunny still found the girls.  (Just a side note: I am probably the meanest mom.  I had a talk with the EB and told him not to bring a ton of candy.  The girls literally got 4 pieces of candy each.  I just don't think excessive amounts of candy are necessary, especially since they had already been to two egg hunts.)
 



 
 
After that we headed home.  We stopped in Bastrop on the way home and ate lunch with Jeremy's dad and grandmother at the nursing home, and then we went over to see his grandfather at the rehabilitation facility.  Of course it started pouring rain right before we went into the nursing home, so we had to make a run for it and I didn't grab my camera.  I think Jeremy has some pictures on his phone. 
 
We finally made it home around 9:30 last night.  I had to hurry and unpack stuff and try to get things in order because I started back at work today.  Fastest 10 weeks ever!!  Today went pretty well, I just hope things continue to go as smoothly!  (More on work stuff another time.)
 

No comments: