Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rough Patch

We've hit a bit of a rough patch in our house lately. It just seems to be one thing after another lately. It started with Joey's fall down the stairs a month ago. We hadn't installed the baby gate at the top of the stairs yet, and apparently I hadn't moved the playhouse that was blocking the staircase completely against the wall. Joey found a way in between while I was on the phone and the next thing I knew she was tumbling down the stairs. She was fine- in fact I was more traumatized than her. Then I weaned Joey. Talk about pain. I could barely even lift Joey for about two weeks. Then last week Joey had her second flu shot on Monday. Tuesday she started running a fever. We didn't know if it was a reaction to her shot, teething, or both. Then she started with a runny nose and cough, but I never did take her to the doctor because they were closed all week because of the ice storm, and even if they had been open I figured they'd just tell me it was a cold and there wasn't much we could do since she's a baby and can't really take cold meds. Last Wednesday Jeremy went to put sand on the driveway because we couldn't get the car back up due to the ice. He ended up falling and thought he had broken his arm and had to go to the ER. It wasn't broken, thank goodness, but he did have to have his arm in a sling for a few days. Last night when Jeremy got home Shelby started screaming in pain that her ear hurt. She's never had an ear infection before (I am not counting the SLIGHT one she had once because the doctor only caught it when at her well check and said it was the very, very beginning). Anyway, we went over to the insta care and Shelby, Joey, and I all got checked out. (I started not feeling great on Saturday, but again, thought it was only a cold.) We all tested positive for the flu. We stopped by Walgreens and picked up our super expensive Tamiflu and came home. Jeremy woke up this morning with fever and chills so he stayed home from work. To top all of this off, Joey just crawled into Shelby's room where the vacuum was sitting (I left it there because I got stopped in the middle of vacuuming) and pulled the vacuum on top of herself. She now has a nice huge bruise on the side of her head/face. Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhhh!

I am really trying to stay positive and hope that NOTHING ELSE can/will happen to us. We are trying to just not go anywhere and stay in and rest so that we can get all better for our trip to Utah. We are definitely in need of a good vacation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about bad news! Geez...you are due for a little bit of sunshine and happiness over there! Hopefully you are all going to start feeling better soon!

Katie Rod said...

Doesn't it all just seem to happen at once?? But, just think that everyone is getting it out of their system, so that your upcoming trip will be stress-free. Ok, maybe not stress free, but hopefully sickness free!

Jeni said...

Man. Life always seems to throw that stuff at me too. Hope you guys feel better soon!

Jordan said...

I feel the same way! When it rains it not only pours but it floods!! I seriously almost had a mental break down today!

Laura W said...

I totally feel your pain!! I had a run of about 3-4 months that it seemed one thing after another just kept happening. Hope your run of bad luck ends soon!!