Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hooray!

After two weeks of being cooped up in the house (one week due to the ice storm and one week due to sickness), we are finally all back to normal. Jeremy and I felt like after all that we deserved a date night on Friday. We went to our very first hockey game and saw the Stars play the Blackhawks (defending Stanley Cup champs). It was a great game to go to for our first hockey game. The Stars won in overtime. I was definitely more into it than I thought I would be. On the way home we had an opportunity to do some service. On the Dart on the way back a woman and her three small kids got on. The mom was only wearing a short sleeve shirt and the kids had only thin jackets on. It was in the 30s outside so I know they had to be freezing. I could hear the mom ask a woman behind us if there was a bus stop at the next Dart stop. There wasn't one. The mom and her kids stayed on and then got off on our stop. They just kind of stood on the platform for a minute looking around. We asked if they needed a ride somewhere and they hesitantly accepted. We drove them to their apartment about 10 miles away. The mom was so thankful and tried to pay us, but of course we refused. It was just nice to be able to help someone in need and I was so thankful that we left the game a couple minutes early so that we could catch the earlier Dart and ended up on that same train as them.

The only picture I have of the night is this silly one of the two of us on the Dart. Hooray for date nights!

The weekend weather was AWESOME. It was sunny and in the 60s. Beautiful. The next few days are supposed to be just as nice. It is amazing what good weather can do for your mood. We went to the park, played outside, washed the cars, and just tried to soak up some of the good weather. Hooray for good weather!

This little one will be 10 months old tomorrow! AND....her first tooth FINALLY popped through today! You can see it on the bottom. I tried to get a picture but she was too quick for me. We just love this girl. You can't help but smile at every single little thing she does. She can say mama, dada, baby, and she tries to say bye-bye when she waves but it ends up sounding like baby. She loves to wave at everyone and blow kisses. She really loves her baby dolls right now. She will pick them up and hug them and pat them on the back. It's adorable. She also really loves music. She will press her little ipod or Shelby's little CD player and just bop her head. She also really loves water right now. Instead of me wiping her hands off with wipes, she loves it if I run the water and let her just run her hands through there. I can't wait til it's really warm and we take her swimming for the first time. I just know she'll love it. Hooray for 10 months!



1 comment:

Francie said...

PRECIOUS!!! I can hardly wait until you all get here!