Today was Shelby's FOURTH birthday. I can't believe she's four! Jeremy and I both took the day off so we could spend time with Shelby on her big day. We started out the morning with funnel cakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Healthy, right? Actually, it kind of set the tone for the whole day, but hey, you only turn four once!
Later a friend from church watched Joey for a couple hours so that we could take Shelby to lunch and spend some one-on-one time with her. I think she really enjoyed the attention.
After gymnastics and dinner Jeremy had to leave for Scout camp. When we got home I made Shelby a special birthday sundae (mostly as a bribe so she would be quiet while I put Joey to bed).
So as you can see it was quite a caloric day. I just hope that Shelby had a good time.
Right now Shelby loves gymnastics, swimming, the color purple, and Justin Bieber. Actually, she is already getting pretty boy crazy. After gymnastics today she told us there was a new boy in class and then giggled. What the heck?! Then she asked us if the scouts could come for a sleepover. Ummm, what?! Seriously, this girl loves hanging around all the boys. Shelby is very smart, energetic, and inquisitive. THe other night before bed she asked a million questions about bones, skin, and organs, and insisted on seeing a picture of lungs before she went to sleep. Shelby can also be very sensitive. She cries at sad parts in movies, and if we show Joey any kind of affection we have to be sure to include Shelby or she starts to cry saying we don't love her. But we do- hopefully she'll look back one day and realize just how much!
Here is the video from her birthday party:
1 comment:
Okay, now I really feel badly about not having better (or any!) birthday parties for you kids! Seriously!! I never went all out like that and I feel horrible now for not doing it!
Post a Comment