Time again for more random thoughts.
Mom told me I need to thin my carrots and parsnips so that they don't grow together and look really gnarly. I don't know how to do this. I'm sure there is some sort of instructional video on YouTube or something.
Joey has been a different child this week. I am sure it is still from teething, but I was not prepared for the make-your-body-go-limp-kicking-and-screaming tantrums. Not at her age anyway. I thought I had at least another year.
Shelby played with our neighbors tonight and I guess the little boys told her they were moving. I had been waiting until their move date was closer to tell her because I knew it would upset her. She went to bed crying and very upset over the news.
Last night I spray painted the girls rocking chair. I made the mistake of doing it in the garage. With the door closed. The fumes seeped into the house and now the house smells like paint and I have a migraine.
I hope the weather cooperates next week so we can play on the beach with cousins.
Jeremy just bought our tickets for Kings of Leon. They are playing here on our anniversary. So excited!
We went to the mall today and on the way home we drove through a particularly ritzy neighborhood. Jeremy jokingly said, "Look at these houses, Shelby. Isn't Daddy a bum?!" (because we don't live in a house like that. I said, "First of all, you are one of the hardest working people I know. Second of all, I wouldn't live in this neighborhood even if we could afford it." And that's the truth. One of the reasons we moved to this particular house was the lot size. Those houses were ridiculously large and had ZERO yard. I hate that.
This has actually been weighing on me this week- moving up in life and all of that. A roofer came out to inspect the roof after the numerous hail storms we've had this year. He made a comment to Jeremy that we are pretty young to have this size house. I never really thought about it before but I have to say I am pretty proud of us. I am not saying this to brag. I am saying this to remind myself that we might not have the best of the best, but I think we have done ok. Instead of constantly being jealous of what others have and wishing for more, we should be grateful for the things we have. (And I am grateful!)
Jeremy and I are speaking in church in 2 weeks. I am actually excited about it. As soon as Jeremy told me what our topic was I had to start making notes. I had so many ideas running through my head I had to write them down before I forgot them.
1 comment:
That's too bad about Joey! Hopefully it's just teething and it won't happen again! :)
Post a Comment